Boston technology firm is seeking a full-time experienced Assistant Controller to manage the accounting and reporting functions in our organization. The ideal candidate must be proficient in US GAAP and have exceptional computer skills including a thorough understanding of Quickbooks and Microsoft Office. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, have the ability to handle multiple tasks, set and meet deadlines, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage monthly and quarterly close and coordinate year-end reporting with auditors and tax preparers.
· Support CFO and executive management with special projects as needed.
· Prepare and review transactions related to the Canadian subsidiary.
· Assist with M&A reviews for potential acquisitions and integrating new entities into the current accounting system.
· Manage 2-3 accountants including accounts payable.
· Reconcile credit card transactions.
· Calculate agent commissions.
· Reconcile cash, income & expenses to bank statements.
· Manage hardware inventory.
· Prepare and generate financial reports when required.
· Oversee the preparation and maintenance of a cash forecast and managing the company’s monthly cash flow.
· Assist management with the creation and maintenance of budgets.
· 3-4 years of accounting experience in either public/private accounting.
· Strong understanding of US GAAP including inventory and percentage of completion accounting.
· Strong attention to detail and advanced organizational skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Quickbooks.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Exercises discretion and an ability to work independently.
· Ability to manage workload and prioritize tasks and assignments according to importance.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Pay and Benefits:
Safety NetAccess Inc. offers employees competitive benefits and compensation package including medical insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k, annual bonus and profit-sharing (both discretionary), and convenient office location in Needham, MA.
About Safety NetAccess:
About Safety NetAccess:
Many companies do what we do. But no one else does it like we do. Because for us, it’s personal. Since 2001, Safety NetAccess has been designing, building, and supporting networks for hotels, resorts, and other public properties. We’ve grown from a two-man start-up to one of the country’s most trusted providers, yet we still feel like we’re just getting started.
Along the way, we have been certified by Marriott Hotels, become a preferred vendor for Wyndham Hotels, as well as an endorsed vendor for Best Western Hotels. We are also approved vendors for Hyatt, IHG, and other popular hotels and resorts. While we are very proud of these designations, what truly excites us is thinking about the millions of guests who have had a flawless experience with our networks.
Safety NetAccess is an outstanding, privately owned company that holds a great deal of opportunity for professionals interested in joining a smart, ambitious, hard-working, expanding team and pursue an exciting career.
How to Apply:
Prospective candidates are asked to please complete and submit an application online. Candidates are required to upload a current resume and complete a brief series of applicant questions via our applicant tracking system, Indeed.com. Please use the link provided in the job posting to submit all required application materials. Should you have questions, you may contact Safety NetAccess, Inc. at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Safety NetAccess, Inc. We look forward to reviewing your application. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.”